Thanks for letting a sister roll...

Keep it pimpin'

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Are the Sixers good?

That was the post I started a few days ago, but fortunately I decided to hold off and now we can get a definitive answer: No.

After a scorching 3-0 start, it's good to know 2 straight losses have settled us right back where we belong: mired in mediocrity at 3-2. It should be another average year of surprising wins over good teams and frustrating losses at equal or lesser teams, while Iverson has another career year wasted on inferior teammates. At least I have no expectations this year whatsoever, so any good performances are just a bonus.

Really, I wouldn't be shocked if we did well because the team has been playing together for awhile, Iggy should be breaking through any second now, and every game's a 3-point contest for Sniper. Too bad C-Webb and his millions look old and are slower and more hesitant than I was on the ST-GC B team.

I miss my season tickets and league pass. At least one of my students yesterday brought in his binder to show me, which had been decked out in Iverson pictures. Aww.

PS: It doesn't seem to tough to get a proposition on ballots these days...next year I'm proposing no acknowledgement of Christmas until Thanksgiving. The shopping center near my office has been celebrating the holidays for about 3 weeks now and I'm already sick of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home