Thanks for letting a sister roll...

Keep it pimpin'

Friday, November 03, 2006

Once upon a time I lived with many girls who received many magazines. When I'd swipe the Us Weekly for the gym, I'd scoff at how ridiculous it was to actually pay for a magazine without enough text to get me through the wait for the elliptical, let alone an actual workout. And yet, soon after graduation and moving home, that voice in the back of my head started nagging "How can you live with yourself not knowing what new and exciting way stars are just like us this week??" and before I knew it I had my own (discount and of questionable legality) subscription. Every Saturday morning, without fail, Us arrived in time for my egg and cheese and 90210 on FX. The subscription moved with me to DC and began coming a day earlier, so that around noon on Friday I'd start looking forward to relaxing after a trying week at work with Us, PTI, and a nap. But 4 weeks ago my happy world was shattered when Us just stopped coming on time, or even a day late. Last week's issue came Tuesday!! Was the WAR on the SET! so intense they couldn't get the issue out on time? With the heartbreaking Reese/Ryan split, this week's issue is especially crucial, but the mailbox offered me nothing this afternoon. No Us' usual partner in crime EW, no overdue New Yorker from Wednesday, not even a Bed, Bat, and Beyond coupon. Where's your dependable, discount service now, Mags4cheap.com!???!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home