Thanks for letting a sister roll...

Keep it pimpin'

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Nice little getaway to the Big Apple this weekend, at least until some time around midafternoon Sunday, when everything started to unravel, prompting the following letter writing campaign from me:

Dear Delaware (specifically Department of Transportation):

I hate you. In the past, when people have called you names like "worthless state" I've defended your honor on the basis of tax-free shopping and several very enjoyable evenings spent in a variety of locales across the state. But we are no longer friends. You have now sullied the memory of every single weekend I've spent north of DC in the past 6 months by trapping me in traffic for the entire length of your state. Completely inexplicable traffic, just sitting for an hour until the toll, at which point traffic immediately clears. You have 18 lanes of traffic in your stretch of 95...if you need to add more, then do so, but your state is unacceptable.

Dear Fantasy Football:

I hate you too. Why did you suck me in, only to give me a semicrappy, unpredicatable team that I can't manage. When you see Michael Vick, let him know I said "great game! Nice connections with your old standby Alge. I know this is a lot to ask, but maybe you could recreate this week's magic next week when I actually start you and Alge. I really could use those 6 TD's to count towards my point total."

Dear Eagles:

I don't hate you. I actually appreciate the concerted effort you're making to contribute to Philadelphia's history of sports devastation. I mean, why actually play up to your potential when you can lose in innovative/near record-setting fashion each Sunday? Donovan, congrats on your fantasy week! (I'm assuming Ronde Barber is on your team, that's the only explanation for you favoring him.) And I haven't seen that much vomiting since college, that was a nice touch. Keep up the good work.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:54 PM, Blogger Ryan Mrazik said…

    Completely agree with the assessment of Delaware. Proposed new mottos for Delaware:

    1. "Where Car Travel Goes To Die"
    2. "Tax-Free Shopping; Speed-Free Driving"
    3. "Delaware Sucks"

     
  • At 6:57 AM, Blogger Alexis said…

    All appropo. But I stil contend it's been 100x worse this year, I used to just get it near the tolls, not immediately upon reaching the state line. I've been told there's some kind of phantom construction project going on...my northbound vamoose driver took back roads through the state, wish i had asked him to tell me the route

     
  • At 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Key to skipping Delaware (just discovered this weekend and it changed my life forever) - when coming south take 13 to 40 when you get off the bridge. Some lights, but you don't have to crawl on 95 and want to poke your eyes out.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home